Round Two Applications NOW CLOSED
On Monday 10 May 2021, the Hon Stuart Robert MP, Minister for Employment, Workforce, Skills, Small and Family Business announced the opening of applications for Round Two of the National Careers Institute’s (NCI) Partnership Grants program. National Career Institute Round Two Partnership Grants to improve career advice | Ministers' Media Centre
Round Two has now closed for applications.
About Partnership Grants program
The NCI Partnership Grants program is a key part of the Australian Government’s $585m Delivering Skills for Today and Tomorrow package. This budget measure was announced in the 2019-20 Federal budget to support more Australians to gain the skills employers are looking for.
The Partnership Grants support career stakeholders and organisations to work collaboratively to improve career outcomes and create education and training pathways aligned to the needs of employers.
A total of $10.7 million of grant funding is available across two funding rounds.
Announcement of Round Two Projects
The announcement of successful projects is expected in late 2021.
Grants for Round Two range from $20,000 to $525,000 and will be funded for a maximum of 18 months.
Round Two Project Objectives
Funded projects will:
- improve the quality of, and access to, locally based, personalised career guidance
- assist adults seeking to re-enter the workforce or change careers (particularly individuals that have been disadvantaged by COVID-19); as well as students at crucial transition stages in primary school and years 7–10
- increase knowledge and create greater awareness of career paths and career guidance in the above cohorts
- develop and deliver innovative locally based approaches to delivering career guidance services.
Partnership Grant Round Two projects
Round Two provides funding for organisations such as employers, training providers, schools and community organisations to work collaboratively. Examples of Partnership Grant projects may include:
- people whose careers have been impacted by COVID-19
- adults looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers
- mature-aged adults or adults mid-career
- school students
- Indigenous school students and adults
Round One Projects
The Round One projects cover a wide range of activities from a diversity of organisations such as TAFE’s, universities, community bodies and tech start-ups. The grants enable employers, schools, tertiary institutions, industry, governments and researchers to work collaboratively to improve career outcomes.
Visit Business.gov.au for information about Round One projects.
Additional Funding Rounds
In the 2021-22 Budget, the Australian Government announced two additional grant funding rounds for the NCI Partnership Grants program.
- A grant funding round that supports innovative projects that support women’s workforce participation.
- A grant funding round to improve young people’s access to the information and support services they need to make well-informed decisions on their career pathway.
Register for updates to ensure you receive the latest information on the future funding opportunities available through the Partnership Grants program.
For more information contact email@example.com.